Project: ToHealth Website | ToHealth
Role: Lead Graphic Designer supported by a content team
Position: Employed with ToHealth
This UX case study focuses on the redesign of ToHealth’s website to improve user experience (UX) by addressing issues of information overload and difficulty in finding relevant content. The previous website suffered from a high number of pages and excessive information, resulting in user frustration and reduced conversion rates. This case study outlines the design process, key challenges, and the solutions implemented to create a more streamlined and user-friendly website.
ToHealth is a health and wellness company dedicated to providing a range of services and products to promote corporate health. The objective of the website redesign was to enhance user experience and facilitate ease of navigation, ensuring that visitors could quickly find the information they sought.
Through a combination of internal interviews, surveys, and website analytics, we identified several pain points and areas of improvement for the previous website:
- Information Overload: Users felt overwhelmed by the excessive number of pages and excessive information, leading to confusion and frustration.
- Navigation Issues: Users struggled to find relevant content due to complicated navigation menus and unclear page hierarchy.
- Lack of Focus: The previous website lacked a clear focus and failed to guide users towards their desired actions, resulting in low conversion rates.
- Information Architecture: Based on the research findings, we streamlined the information architecture to simplify the website’s structure. We grouped related content and eliminated unnecessary pages, ensuring a logical flow and reducing cognitive load.
- Clear Navigation: To improve navigation, we implemented a clear and intuitive menu structure to enhance findability. We also included a prominent search bar to allow users to quickly locate specific information.
- Visual Hierarchy: We employed a clean and modern design aesthetic, utilising white space and typography to create a visual hierarchy that guides users’ attention to key content. This approach improved readability and reduced visual clutter.
- Focused Content Strategy: To address the lack of focus, we carefully curated content, prioritising essential information and removing redundant or low-value content. This ensured that users were presented with clear, concise, and actionable content.
The redesigned ToHealth website was implemented and evaluated through user testing and feedback collection. Key performance indicators (KPIs) included improved time-on-site, reduced bounce rates, increased page views, and enhanced conversion rates.
- Iterative Improvements: Based on user feedback and analytics data, we iteratively improved the website, addressing any remaining issues and making incremental enhancements to the user experience.
- Continuous Monitoring: To ensure ongoing improvement, we implemented user tracking and analytics tools such as Hotjar and Google Analytics to monitor user behaviour, engagement, and conversion rates. This data provided valuable insights for future optimisations.
The redesign of the ToHealth website resulted in a significantly enhanced user experience and improved business outcomes.
Key outcomes and impact include:
- Reduced Information Overload: Users reported feeling less overwhelmed and found it easier to navigate and locate relevant information.
- Increased Conversion Rates: With a more focused content strategy and improved user flows, conversion rates improved, leading to higher user engagement and a greater number of conversions.
- Improved User Satisfaction: Feedback from users indicated a higher level of satisfaction with the new website, with positive comments regarding the improved clarity, simplicity, and ease of use.
- Enhanced Brand Perception: The redesigned website projected a more professional and user-friendly image, positively impacting ToHealth’s brand perception and credibility.
The redesign of the ToHealth website successfully addressed the issues of information overload and navigation difficulties, significantly improving the user experience. By adopting a user-centric approach, simplifying the information architecture, and implementing clear navigation and focused content, the redesigned website achieved higher user engagement, increased conversions, and improved brand perception. Ongoing monitoring and iterative improvements will ensure the continued optimisation of the website’s user experience.